Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Re-admitted

This morning Dan woke me up around 5:15 am due to Maddie had diarrhea. I was at first irritated that I had to get up, then entertained a bit when she sprayed poop out on the bars of her crib and the wall. Dan doesn't do well with poop on wiggly things, so I took over with the clean-up of Maddie while he cleaned the crib and wall. I got her diaper changed and picked her to move her so the sheets could be changed and she was HOT. I took her temperature on her forehead and then rectally. 102 degrees. After many phone calls and packing, Maddie and I headed to the University of Iowa. We arrived here around 8 am. She has now been admitted and we are looking at 3 days or so here. As an added bonus, after they drew blood from her central line, it popped a hole so she will also need that repaired. Maddie also had to get her blood drawn from her arm and an iv put in her hand. You can imagine that she is not a happy camper.


No comments:

Post a Comment