Saturday, February 1, 2014

NICU - Day 71

Date: February 1st
Gestational Age: 38 weeks 2 days
Weight: 2735 grams
Length: 19 inches



Maddie hit 6 pounds today! She had a good night, no additional stools and continuing with a lot of residuals at her next feeding. The nurses changed her art line dressing this morning before I came in. Madelyn's antibiotics were discontinued today.

Maddie only had a 1.2 cc residual at her 1 pm feeding. Woo hoo! I said to Maddie's nurse (who we have had many times over the last 10 weeks) that I swore Maddie had grown in the last few days. I measured her and she is 19 inches long! I am now starting to see why there is such a huge difference in length between preemie and newborn clothing it is because she is growing like a weed. She had to move up to size 1 diapers today from her preemie diapers! It has been a big week for growth. She also got the IV taken out of her left foot which means... BATH TIME! In a real baby bath tub. No more of those crummy sponge baths for Maddie.

During her bath

After the bath


I pulled Maddie out of her bed for her bath and she didn't have her feeding tube anymore. When I asked her where it went, she smiled. There it was on the floor.

The feeding tube.


Tonight while we were cuddling, Maddie got irritable so I turned on music. Me and the Moon by Gaelic Storm came on and she immediately relaxed in my arms.

Cuddled up in a new outfit. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad for the blogging again. And Pictures !!
    Sounds like Maddie had a good week - so great to hear.
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete