Sunday, February 9, 2014

NICU - Day 79

Date: February 9th
Gestational Age: 39 weeks 3 days
Weight: 2760



Madelyn's feeds were increased to 45 mLs every 4 hours today. She struggled with dumping after her feedings, so they will likely go down tomorrow. I changed 4 or 5 poopy diapers in less than 4 hours today. Maddie also cried with every time she pooped. It made me think of the Cards Against Humanity card, "Fiery poops".

Madelyn had one of our primaries as her nurse today. This nurse is particularly nice because she is a Hawkeyes fan and a Yankees fan. This morning, before I came in, they played dress up and Maddie ended up in a cupcake outfit. This nurse also likes working on days when I'm not at the hospital so that she can cuddle with Maddie. Today she threatened to not let Mom into the NICU so that she could hold Maddie longer.

I have to be careful so she doesn't just take Maddie home with her.





While Dan and I went to church this afternoon, Mom came and cuddled Maddie (after fighting the nurse for her). Afterwards, Uncle Steve got to hold Maddie for the first time!



No comments:

Post a Comment