Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 2 (Part II)

Hellooooooo!

This afternoon I spent time returning emails for the most part. Entertainment Lady L was back with information on the hospital library (they deliver!) and information on a craft group she does on Tuesdays. I also had a visit from the social worker who sat and chatted for a long time with me about the pregnancy, baby and insurance paperwork that Dan needed. R, the nurse, and I also ran around (her) and called around (me) trying to figure out the same paperwork. I think we finally got the forms we needed but it all comes down to the fact that HIPPA sort of bites. Basically the billing department couldn't talk to Dan because I needed to sign a specific release of information for him. I also talked to registration to make sure that they had my mom's work and cell numbers in case of an emergency. Basically it was paperwork all afternoon. It at least kept me occupied. I tried to start reading a magazine, but that didn't happen. The one doctor from yesterday and this morning stopped by again and asked me all the same questions he asked me before about whether I'm still alive. 

I had some special guests this evening. A farmer and a cat showed up at my door with their wonderful mother. They were so cute, I let them stay. They dressed me up as an angel and we attempted to build a "scary" graham cracker house. It collapsed and Kate ate all the frosting off the graham crackers. Renae decorated my room for Halloween and we took a bunch of photos. Cael wanted to call his "best friend Grandpa Wayne" who he was dressed as for Halloween. We also ate frosting right out of the can. 


Making our graham cracker house
Cael's first question when he got into my room was, "Where's the baby?" and when I told him that she is still in my belly, he wanted to see. 


Cael cracks me up. Especially when he is dressed as, "My best friend, Grandpa Wayne."
The kids in my big jet bathtub.

Renae's decorating abilities.

Finally got this picture after a bunch of tries.

All of us in our Halloween costumes.

I just want to say thank you to all the people that are praying for us. We honestly have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for. I know there are also a lot of people out there that we don't know or barely know that are praying for us. Feel free to share our story and this blog with anyone you wish. I think the biggest thing that we have all learned from this experience is that God has a plan and oftentimes it does not match the plan we have for ourselves. Having faith means accepting that His plan is so much greater than the one that we dreamed. 

Daily Info
Food: Snacks: Sour Patch Kids, Sweet Tarts. Supper: pineapple, cheeseburger, french fries, cottage cheese, angel food muffin and chocolate milk
Entertainment: television (Madea's Family Reunion, Pocahontas), celebrating Halloween a day early, writing on the white board and waiting for people to notice.
Visitors: Renae, Kate and Cael
Weather: Heavy rain
Outside Contact: Emails from Renae, Jane R, Katie B and two of my work kids. Phone calls with Renae and mom. Lots and lots of facebook messages/comments. (I should mention that I talk to Dan multiple times every day through phone calls and IMs.) 


My plans for the day - Day #2


3 comments:

  1. Mary - this blog is such a neat idea. Looks like you are being well entertained....and when that is not happening Maddie is taking over the spotlight. Hope tonight is a good sleep night...onto another 'uneventful' day! Hang in there-- we love you all ! Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics in the "big bath tub"! Did Kate say your bathtub was "sweet"! Hope you rest well tonight! Love Grandma Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Grandpa Wayne" costume. He wins hands down!!! Hang in there kiddo. We're praying for you. Love you much :) PS ... Go DuHawks :-P

    ReplyDelete