Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 3 (Part I)

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Thanks to Renae & Steve and the kids, I am dressed as an angel today. Maddie chose to dress as a streaker. That girl never wants to wear any clothes. I hope that changes once she is born. 

After I wrote my last entry and decided it was time for a 5 am snack, I realized that my tank top was on backwards. Not a problem except that I had been wearing it backwards for several hours before I went to bed. I kept wondering why this tank top seemed to fit differently than my other ones. Oh well.


5 am snack
I feel like I need to address the tragedy of yesterday. I know my family and I are very disappointed with the outcome. How despicable. Now all the Red Sox fans will be talking about how they've won a World Series since the Yankees have. Come on! I would also like to point out (since the 27 rings argument has gotten boring for many) that the Yankees have a higher win % in the World Series than the Red Sox. I feel kind of like a Cubs fan saying this, but I guess there's always next year!


Go Yankees!

Obviously I was up in the middle of the night for a long time (see previous hormone-ravaged post). That led to me "sleeping in" today. I slept till almost 9:30! The residents did their rounds at 6:30 as normal and woke me up and then the staff doctor came with them at 8:15 and woke me again, but didn't have any new information. They told me to keep being boring and I am trying to follow doctor's orders. During monitoring this morning, Maddie went back to driving the nurses crazy. It took over an hour to get the 20 minutes that they needed of good monitoring because Maddie didn't want to participate with them.

Megan Cullen called me today to see how I was doing and encourage me to cause more trouble in the hospital. She said that it will keep me from getting bored when the doctors ask me the same group of questions three times a day. We had a really good talk. 

I got to get a group B strep test today. That wasn't exactly my favorite thing but considering the amount of pokes and prods I've gotten during this pregnancy, it wasn't the worst either. They're giving me a second IV too, in the other arm. Unfortunately, I apparently have crappy veins and therefore it takes a lot time to find someone daring enough to dig around in my arms. Currently, I have been waiting for over an hour for them to find someone that will even try.



Day #3 gift (aka 1 pm snack)
Daily Info
Date: 10.31.13 - Halloween!
Gestational Day: 25 weeks
Weather: Rainy
Food: Snacks: Swiss Cake Rolls, mini M&Ms. Breakfast: omelet, cottage cheese, chocolate milk, pineapple and apple slices. Lunch: marinated chicken breast with cheese, french fries, pineapple, and chocolate milk.
Something I learned: On "The Doctors" they clarified that you really CAN have the crap scared out of you.
Visitors: Apparently my dad is on his way! I will try to get him to take a picture with me to post later.

3 comments:

  1. Mary-
    You should be a comedy writer! Your blog is entertaining me everyday! Maddie must take after her father. When he was very little, he was always running around the house streaking!!! I hope Maddie doesn't start running:) Sounds like you are entertaining yourself with hospital happenings! Were those Ho Ho's that you were eating-I love Ho Ho's. I just waited on Clifford the Dog-earlier a Scarecrow. Halloween at the bank! We handed out treats all day and of course us employees ate too much too! Love to you, Maddie and Dan Grandma Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Swiss Cake Rolls from Kelsey. Considering Madelyn was so modest during her ultrasounds (covering herself with her hands and sitting on her feet), I'm sure that she won't grow up to be a nudist. I guess we'll find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You really can have the crap scared out of you!!!" LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete