Tuesday, December 10, 2013

NICU - Day 18 (Part I)

Date: December 10th (Happy Birthday Aunt Jill!)
Gestational Date: 30 weeks 5 days


We slept a lot last night, but I still didn't feel rested when I woke up at 6:15 am (Mom was already at the hospital watching over Maddie and I). We went and got coffee/hot cocoa and some breakfast. I ended up falling back asleep heavily until noonish when Dan came back to wake me up.


Surgery was scheduled for 5 pm but they were able to get it moved up to 1 pm. At 1:30 pm, they finally had the consent form for me to sign. Maddie's doctor was getting a little irritated with how long it was taking to get the operating team ready (he was ready and waiting at 12:55 pm).


We are all waiting in the NICU waiting room for news and finding our own ways of entertaining ourselves. Joey is looking up the weather for here and warmer places that we all wish we were. Teresa is looking at Awkward Family Photos. Deb and Mom are making friends with people who are a little mentally unstable. Renae and Kelsey are taking note of the crazy things these same people say. Dan is watching weird Norwegian videos. I am blogging (obviously).

I am hoping that we will have news soon. One of Renae's neighbors who works here went back to make sure they had at least started and she said that Madelyn was stable.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updated blog, Mary! I tried to post a message last night, but I don't think it worked. I wanted to let you know that I can't wait to meet Maddie and my girls ask about her all the time. She is so loved even by all of us who have yet to meet her in person. Our thoughts and prayers of her, you, and her medical team are constant! We love you!

    ReplyDelete