Sunday, December 15, 2013

NICU - Day 23

Date: December 15th
Gestational Date: 31 weeks 3 days




Madelyn is having a good day today. Her lung looked better on the x-ray this morning. Still not fully filled, but showing improvement. They also did an x-ray of her abdomen because it is looking a little puffier today than yesterday. They think from the looks of the x-ray that it is just air trapped and so they are hoping she can pass it on her own. She has been more active this morning, getting back into old behaviors like grabbing at her cords and opening her eyes occasionally. This afternoon, I would go over to her and she would hold her hand out, palm up, and when we would put a finger in her palm, she would squeeze tight. It is as if she is reassuring us that she is okay.

Maddie's incision site

Blanket for Maddie from the RMH

Renae came and went to church with us and brought cookies for the NICU staff and caramel chex mix for us. She also wanted a picture of her and Maddie with their boxing gloves.

Cookies Renae made for the NICU staff
Aunt Renae and Maddie fighting as a team.

Renae also brought a Hope Basket that is made by volunteers.

Hope Basket with lots of goodies in it!
With her Grace cross


As a result of Maddie's reassurance, I felt okay to leave her for the night. I came back to Denver with the purpose of getting my car and finding some items that I would like to have in Iowa City with me (jeans that fit, my hootie hider, more t-shirts). I also needed to look for some wrapping paper so I don't (hopefully) have to buy more to wrap our Christmas gifts. I can't believe Christmas is 10 days away! It seems like it snuck up on me.

Pictures for Maddie and I from Cael and Kate

Dan is a bit concerned with me driving as it has been 47 days since I've last driven or been home. I did drive from the Ronald McDonald House to Steak 'n' Shake in Coralville. I let Dan drive the rest of the way home. It was snowing and blowing, so I was relieved that Dan was driving.

First time driving since October 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment