Saturday, December 14, 2013

NICU - Day 22

Date: December 14th
Gestational Date: 31 weeks 2 days

Check it out, I have a scar above my belly button. 


I slept in today. It was nice because I have been very tired. Partially because of stress and partially because of sleeping so many nights in the recliner in Madelyn's room. I had a headache for much of the day, but think I may have avoided a migraine by sleeping some more last night. Still not exactly rested sleep because I woke up at 2:30 and 8 to call and check on Maddie.

Nurse Daniele, who was working the night Maddie got sick.
Madelyn's x-ray looked better this morning. Her left lung is beginning to open up. They will not be doing another x-ray until tomorrow morning at 8 am. Her color was good and the incision looked like it was healing appropriately. She is also having a tiny bit of stool from her ostomy. She will need greater amounts before they hook a bag up to it. She is also back to peeing in her diaper rather than a catheter. Maddie was scrunching up her face like she was trying to cry several times today so I asked that they give her something for her pain. Her incision goes fully across the top of her stomach right above her belly button.

Besides Dan and I, Madelyn had several other visitors: Deb, Dave, Nell, Grandma and Grandpa Feikes, Grandma Ibeling and Sarah. Dan's family got there before we did and stayed a few hours.



Maddie and Mommy


Dan read to Maddie (and I) from the Chronicles of Narnia and we spent time just the three of us for much of the afternoon and evening. We also got to look at all the professional photographs that Laura did for us - we love them!
Maddie and Daddy

I asked Dan if I was missing anything from this entry and he asked if I mentioned that she's the sweetest baby ever. She really is too.

1 comment:

  1. Mary this post makes me cry! you and dan both look so happy with her .. thankful to the good lord above that she's on her road recovery! Still praying for u all!

    ReplyDelete