Thursday, January 2, 2014

NICU - Day 41

Date: January 2nd
Gestational Age: 34 weeks!
Weight: 1775 grams



Madelyn is getting really close to 4 pounds. Only about 39 grams, I think. She slept most of today and was pretty quiet. They finally put the catheter in so that they can re-feed her what comes out of her ostomy into her lower intestines. The biggest problem with it is that they put gauze over it when it is not being used. The gauze does not stay on very well and tonight when I was holding Maddie, it came off and some of her undigested mucus came out on my jeans. The very first time I had undigested nastiness on me.

Maddie is also starting continual feeds, meaning she has milk going into her stomach all the time at a pace of 1.5 mLs an hour. This may help her to absorb more of the nutrients from the breast milk she is getting.

Maddie woke up a little bit tonight when I was holding her. I think she is saving up her energy for special visitors tomorrow - her grandmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment