Monday, January 6, 2014

NICU - Day 45

Date: January 6th
Gestational Age: 34 weeks 4 days
Weight: 1890 (4 lbs 3 oz)


Peace!

Madelyn's feedings were increased to 1.7 mLs every hour as of today. She is continuing to do well. I stayed at the hospital with her last night so I could be here for rounds this morning (oh, yeah, and because it is freaking cold outside). They are also giving her medication for her reflux now. It should help so that she doesn't have as much oxygen de-saturation. She continues to sneeze a lot and when I hold her she sounds like she is full of boogers, but they got very little when suctioning her nose tonight.


Poor Maddie's forehead looks like that of a reptile. It doesn't matter how much aquaphilic we put on her forehead, it still looks so dry.


Maddie however, is focused on being awesome in her shades. You'd never know she wasn't hanging out on a beach from the looks of her outfit. She kept kicking off the booties that matched her outfit as if she would rather have her toes in the sand. Madelyn also talked to both of her grandmothers and Aunt Kelsey on the phone tonight. She mostly just babbles and grunts, but she insisted on telling them what she has been up to. She barely let me get a word in.

I also gave her a bath tonight. I tried to do it fairly quickly and she only complained a little bit. When I was washing her hair, I noticed that it is more hair than I think my siblings and I had at a year old. She even has little baby sideburns!


2 comments:

  1. Last night I had a dream that Maddie pooped and we cheered! Any luck yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about the hair, you kids were bald babies. Love the blog smd knowing how good Maddie is coming along. Love Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete