Thursday, January 30, 2014

NICU - Day 69


Date: January 30th
Gestational Age: 38 weeks!
Weight: 2635 grams

"I wonder what this cord does..."


I worked all day and then came down to spend time with Maddie. They started her back eating at noon today and she is getting 6 ccs every 4 hours. She gets grumpy about 30 minutes before she is supposed to eat and cries to get our attention and so that we don't forget to feed her (waking herself to eat is #4 on the "My Goals for Discharge" list). She cuddled with me for a little bit but I didn't get to the hospital until super late, so she mostly slept while I fell asleep in the recliner. They are also cycling her NVN.

She pooped twice today and that, to me, is quite the accomplishment. We will continue to celebrate poops until they become common place. They are a bit concerned with her getting a diaper rash due to the acidity of her stools and they want to avoid that (rather than try to heal it after it happens). We are now using disposable washcloths to wipe her butt and applying a thick cream at every diaper change to decrease the chances she'll end up in pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment