Saturday, January 4, 2014

NICU - Day 43

Date: January 4th
Gestational Age: 34 weeks 2 days
Weight: 4 lbs!



Madelyn hit four pounds today. I was super excited to watch her be weighed and achieve this milestone. She was also moved up to 4 ccs every 4 hours into her lower intestines.

Today, Aunt Jill and Uncle Matt visited and Maddie opened her eyes a little bit for them. She also pulled off her ostomy bag when I went to do her 10 pm care. It took us a long time to get everything put back together the way it was supposed to be. We needed three people, one to hold down her legs, another to hold her arms and the rubber catheter (she was trying to use her stomach muscles to push it out), and the third person to actually attach the bag.


I held Maddie after that and I noticed that her blanket was a little damp but she was drooling and spitting up quite a bit because of her reflux (that's a new issue for her). When I went to put her back in her isolette, I realized that her outfit was also wet. Turns out her ostomy bag was leaking where the tube to her lower intestines was going through the bag. So another outfit and diaper change was needed!

The nurse informed me that the chaplain stopped by to visit Maddie this morning while we were gone and watched her for awhile and commented a few times on how cute she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment