Monday, January 27, 2014

NICU - Day 66


Date: January 27th
Gestational Age: 37 weeks 4 days
Weight: 2590 grams

Today was the big surgery day! Maddie was irritated that her food stopped running at 3 am. All day yesterday, Mom had been putting milk on Maddie's pacifier and giving it to her. She was thrilled with that and took two sucks of her pacifier this morning and then spit it out, irritated that she didn't get any milk on it. Mom and I both held her before surgery since we didn't know when she would get to be held again.


"I will scream until you feed me."
Transporter

All wrapped up and set to go!

Sad Daddy (nervous about surgery)


Surgery went fabulous. They were able to close her up without issue. She can now poop out of her bottom like a regular baby. Madelyn was groggy after the surgery but was still a little fiesty, grabbing on her intubation. We even got a little smile out of her. Dan read to her this afternoon from Chronicles of Narnia. The nurse tried to put her left arm down several times, but she continued to raise it above her head. Maddie needed a new PICC dressing and when the nurse came to start, she pointed out that I was laying in the recliner in the same position, with my hand by my head.

Kisses from Grandma

Madelyn will likely be extubated some time tomorrow, so I'm going with my original plan to work Wednesday and Thursday this week and spend the rest of my time with Madelyn. When the extubate her,  I want to be here to cuddle with her.

Kisses from Mommy
Maddie and I are very jealous that Grandma Ann gets to go to Wisconsin this weekend as you can tell by the below conversation...
Mom (Gma Ann):  Sorry Maddie, I won't get to see you next weekend because I'm going to Wisconsin [for Ladies' Weekend].
Me (Mommy): You know Maddie will be praying for a blizzard so that you can't go.
Mom (Gma Ann): I will be going. Maddie has about 21 years before she can go.
Me (Mommy): She can't go next year?
Mom (Gma Ann): You have to be 21.
Me (Mommy): Don't people take their babies?
Mom (Gma Ann): Only if they're under a year.
Me (Mommy): Maddie will go next year, she measures by her adjusted birth date.
Mom (Gma Ann): It depends on when the trip is next year. It could be in late February or March.
Me (Mommy): Oh, like none of you ladies has ever shaved a few months off your age.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well! Way to go Maddie! Hang in there everyone! As always, prayers & love your way! -Christina & John

    ReplyDelete