Sunday, November 24, 2013

NICU - Day 2

Date: November 24th

I woke up this morning, ready to get my day started. I pumped and saw the doctors (including Dr. Krupp and Dr. Santillan who wanted to check in and see how I was feeling). I felt tired today but also less pain. They were able to take out my last iv today and I was able to get rid of my leg pump things as well since I am moving around more. I went and visited Sarah this morning and found out that Sara had her baby overnight, so went to talk to her as well. I went over to the NICU to see Maddie early and drop off some milk.
Sticking her tongue out at Mommy and Daddy

Then I took a nap. I think that naps are the best part of being in the hospital. It is amazing how much an hour nap can do for a person. Dan's aunts Pam and Teresa, uncle Joey, both of his grandmas and grandpa, Dave and Janelle all came down today to visit and meet Maddie. I didn't see them for long because I was tired and needed to pump regularly. I went over to the NICU and they were taking out Maddie's intubation, so Dan and I got to be there for that. I was approved to take my first shower since the surgery (Thank the Lord!) and it felt amazing. Because of needing to pump and shower, we were late to church by a few minutes.

Changing my first diaper.

After church, Dan went to get us supper and Renae, Steve, the kids and Kelsey came up to my room. Steve hasn't been able to see Madelyn yet due to his being sick last week, but Renae and Kelsey went and saw her again. Jordan came up too and went to see Madelyn with Mom and I. We ate supper and then Dan and I went and saw her again.



A note from a special guest blogger:
Greetings from the NICU! Mommy says I can take over for a minute to explain all the exciting things that happened to me today. I was able to move from Bay 1 (the most serious babies) to Bay 2/3 which has less serious cases. Mommy found out when she came to visit me at 8:30 this morning. When she got to my room, I was still under the bili lights and had one hand on my ventilator tube, ready to yank it out. The nurse said that Mommy should discourage that and move my hand. Later in the day, I got the tube taken out and they put me on a c-pap machine (whatever that means) and Mommy got to change my diaper and take my temperature. I was a little bit cranky this afternoon and Mommy held my hand and talked to me until I calmed down. I have been able to have breastmilk every 6 hours, but only about 3 mLs. Mommy has been bringing it over for me every time she pumps in little syringes. They just hook them up to my tubes. Daddy was able to change my diaper tonight and I barely wimpered. He did a really great job and Mommy took pictures. After Mommy left the NICU, Daddy stayed and read to me from a really big book but I showed him that I liked it by kicking my feet and waving my arms. Today I also got off my antibiotics and my numbers went down, so hopefully I won't need my tanning lights much longer. 

Lovin' the new plug!

Mommy says we will post pictures on here soon, but that she needs to get some packing and sleeping done so that she can discharge from the hospital tomorrow.

Love, 

Madelyn


Daddy changing a diaper

Accomplished a lot today.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing that Maddie is off the vent already, knew she would do well, just did not know it would be this fast. Our prayers continue for all, love Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete