Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 19

Wow. Just realized it is nearly 10:30 pm and I still hadn't started today's entry.

The two hats on the left are from Mom. The one on the right is from one of Mom's coworkers. 

I forgot to post the pictures of the gifts Mom brought yesterday. She knitted two hats (one partially while she sat at the hospital) and brought one that one of her coworkers made. She also brought two bibs for Maddie that will probably be huge on her. I might put tape over the "first" and write "second" so she can wear them again next year.

I didn't sleep the best last night (I woke up every couple of hours), but was able to sleep most of the morning. Dr. Krupp and Dr. Taylor came and checked on me around 7:15 am, which is early for a Saturday. The nurse then came and gave me my meds but then let me go back to sleep. When we woke up, we ordered lunch and then watched Anchorman while we built Legos (guess who had which idea?). It was super hot in my room, even with the thermostat turned all the way down and the fan on. I was sweating a lot, so I had the nurse wrap me up in saran wrap and I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, my right iv had some blood around it, but we decided to leave it in because it is still flushing well. My left iv (the one that was put in my wrist yesterday) hurt a lot, so the nurse took it out and made the anesthesiologist come back to put a new one. The new one is in my left forearm again, so hopefully that will last until Friday. Dan went to the fieldhouse to work out and Sarah and I went to meet the new antepartum (also named Sara). She just got on the floor yesterday but has already heard about us from Dr. Krupp.

Brittney, Caleb and Dexter came to visit and brought pizza and pop for supper. They were able to stay for quite awhile and Dan loved playing with Dexter. Dan was amazed at how much a 1 1/2 year old can eat. I said that Dan probably ate more when he was a kid. We were able to play more on the current four games of Cards Against Humanity in my room. Dexter really liked the crawling turtle and Maddie's teddy bear.


The anesthesiologist tonight was named Patrick. He also did not spill any blood. Patrick informed me that Mo has completed his rotation in Labor and Delivery, which made me really sad. I went down to tell that to Sarah and she said that I should ask Dr. Taylor if he then could possibly be in on my surgery.

Tonight, Dan and I finished the Lego carousel for our winter display.

Finished product.

Notice the carnie is packing heat. 

Tonight, we listened to Maddie's heartbeat. It was 134 bpm. Dan and I also watched Lady Gaga on SNL. She's quite interesting.

Daily Info
Date: November 16th
Gestational Date: 27 weeks, 2 days
Countdown to Baby: 5 1/2 days
Today I am Thankful for: great friends. I feel like I have been luckier than most with the great friends I have been blessed with. I really especially appreciate all the friends that have helped us during this pregnancy. The friends at work who have traveled with me or in the case of Melissa, just completely took over my cases for while I'm on maternity leave. All the friends that attended the baby shower or have visited me in the hospital. The friends who brought me gifts, listened to my pregnancy stories over and over again and all the friends who are praying for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment