Friday, November 15, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 18 (Part I)

I just finished "The Long Story" that tells the background of how I ended up in the hospital on October 29th for people who read this blog and feel like they missed something. I will likely need to edit it when I realize all the things that I missed.

So, last night I was waiting until I could take my sudafed again before going to bed as I couldn't take more until 11:30 pm and was talking to Dan on the phone. My arm sort of felt sore and I realized that my left iv was leaking. I have had this iv since day 8. It is still flushing okay, so rather than have me stay up all night for the anesthesiologists to get out of surgery, they said I can wait until morning to have it re-done. I am pretty proud that it lasted as long as it did. The iv in my right arm has been there since day 5. Still going strong. I can't help but wonder if the left one went bad because we changed the dressings on them today due to the tape coming off. I also think this is why my left arm feels sort of sore. The picture below is kind of out of focus, but realize it is hard to take a picture of your own arm. Plus, the nurse had just turned off my main light and I didn't want to get out of bed. 


Poor left arm will be poked again today. 

Finally fell asleep around 12:30 am and then was awake around 2 am for the sore arm. Fell back asleep until 3:30ish and now have been trying to sleep for a couple hours (it is now 5:30 am). Today is going to be a very long day. On the bright side, I have been trying to finish the background story of my condition for the last few days and just couldn't get up the motivation to complete it, so at least I have gotten something accomplished this morning. I'm also working on paperwork (lame I know). On the bright side,  all of you (my readers) will get this extra entry today! 

1 comment:

  1. I personally was excited for the extra entry, hope they got your arm fixed anf you got to go back to sleep. Take care - Tonya

    ReplyDelete