Friday, November 15, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 18 (Part II)

Was awake to talk to the doctors on rounds this morning and then got dressed and went down to Sarah's room. The doctors hadn't arrived there yet, so we sat and chatted with them for awhile before they had to leave and do their thing. Today was the last day for Dr. Krupp, Dr. Cowman and Eli. Sarah and I were going to go for a walk, but then stopped by Jessie's room and talked to her for awhile. Jessie had a visitor, so Sarah and I went up and bugged Lastascia (nurse-midwife) at the desk.

The note Dr. Krupp wrote so Sarah doesn't
have to monitor for forever and a day.

I got my left iv taken out so I could take a shower and actually wash that arm. I then rested for a little while and fell asleep for 20 minutes before Mom and Kelsey arrived. We went down to the 5th floor dining room to eat lunch. We came back up and attended the afternoon group led by Lastascia on post-partum information. Kelsey and Mom came with me and Sarah was the only other antepartum there. The rest had excuses on why they couldn't come. Kelsey looked like she was going to vomit several times during the session. It was pretty funny.

Mom's edit to the board.


People like my board a little too much. Cupcake drawing by Jordan.

After my class, the anesthesiologist David came and put in my new left arm iv. It is in my wrist and hurts pretty bad. I am hoping that the pain will go away pretty soon.

Jordan arrived despite being delayed by his Beyonce dance party this afternoon. We played some Cards Against Humanity and I interviewed them for the blog.

Jordan and I
Jordan getting fancy with the selfies.



He's a little bit dramatic.



At least he changed it to "My Family Members are Pretty" instead of "Drunk".
Also, see above that where he was unsure of whether the baby was Dan's.


Renae brought Kate and Cael up to visit and it got crazy. I interviewed them as well. Mom, Kelsey, Renae and the kids had to leave due to their needing to eat supper. Jordan and I watched Grey's from last night on my laptop. Dan came and was excited to see me. I made him rub my neck, back and feet. He was less excited to spend time with me after having to do all of that (just kidding!). 



They decided to teach me about labor and delivery. "The epidural."

"The head is out!"
The post-partum look
Cael teaching us lessons of the universe.


Eating Twizzlers.


Eating twizzlers after mommy said I had to stop. 



Trying to hide from mommy that he was eating
more twizzlers after he was told no by Mommy.
Kate asked me to put tape on her face.



I am so tired! Only sleeping a couple hours last night just didn't do it. I'm planning on taking a nap tomorrow already.

Daily Info
Date: November 15th
Gestational Date: 27 weeks, 1 day
Countdown to Medical Extraction: 6 1/2 days
Today I am thankful for: my nieces and nephews. They bring so much joy to my life! I got a letter from Ben and Luke today and spent time with Kate and Cael. In less than two weeks I get to see Abby and David. So excited for all of them to meet Madelyn (even though it will be awhile before they can!).

1 comment:

  1. I laughed a little too hard with cael's head coming out!!

    ReplyDelete