Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 6

Hello all loyal readers!

Today started off pretty tame. All the usual stuff: rounds, vitals, and morning medications. I was still not really able to sleep in, despite having an extra hour between going to bed and rounds this morning. I remembered to order breakfast! We did monitoring and Madelyn did really well being tracked but her heart rate dropped off once and another time she moved and the monitor only picked up my heart rate. We ended up being monitored for over an hour again. After the monitoring, the nurse wrapped up my arms in saran wrap so I could take a shower and it sort of made me feel like leftovers.


Dan took a nap this afternoon while I listened to music on my phone and computer. One thing I love about Pandora is that my stations are constantly introducing me to new musicians that I might not run across otherwise. Today, that singer was Ben Rector. I was listening to my Pandora when I heard his song, "When a Heart Breaks." Pretty awesome song. I looked up the lyrics and then listened to the song again on youtube. Later, when Dan woke up, I played it for him too.

Dan worked out this morning at the Fieldhouse and then when for a run this afternoon. It kind of makes me feel lazy when he exercises so much, but I shoved any feelings of laziness down with a carton of milk and a pack of Swiss Cake Rolls.

The Masbruchs with me.
This afternoon we went to church in the hospital and Steve, Renae, Kate and Cael joined us. There were only 11 people total at church but it was a good service. Cael kept wanting to touch my ivs. He seemed fascinated by them. After church they all came up to my room. Cael played with the Lego VW bus Dan and I built, Kate played with Maddie's teddy bear and Steve wrote on my dry erase board.

Steve's addition to my white board.
Maddie's new outfit from Aunt Renae




Renae and Steve participated in the ongoing game of Cards Against Humanity. They brought a new outfit for Maddie too.







My personal laundry lady. Check out her extra legs and arm.






Renae was sweet enough to take my laundry to wash, so I don't have to keep wearing the same clothes day in and day out. 













After they left, Dan and I were able to get a tour of the NICU. The charge nurse was really nice and explained what will happen with Madelyn on the day she is born and all the machines that she may or may not need.

Trenton was nice enough to come and get Dan (and bring me food) so that Dan could get home and get some rest before work tomorrow. Trenton and Dan both got me cheese balls today and Trenton also brought me a Ghirardelli Mint Cookie bar. Yummy! Trenton and I also discussed some of the shows that we both watch.

Dan and Trenton

Trenton teaching Dan how to fly. 


Daily Info
Date: November 3rd
Gestational Date: 25 weeks, 3 days
Food: Breakfast: omelet, cottage cheese, apple slices, pineapple. Snacks: Smarties, Swiss Cake Rolls, Fiber bars, cheese balls x2. Supper: grilled cheese, tomato soup, pineapple, cheesecake and chocolate milk.
Visitors: Steve, Renae, Kate and Cael, Trenton
Today I am grateful: for my husband who keeps me laughing everyday. I couldn't be concentrated on my health here if he wasn't taking care of everything at home for me.

2 comments:

  1. You have a pretty great sister...maybe I can get her to do my laundry. I am glad everything is still well with you and Maddie. Have a good night, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like clean laundry too. In fact, I'll wash, and she can fold (which I hate)!

    ReplyDelete