Thursday, November 14, 2013

Interview with a Celebrity (Part II)

Name: Eli
Job: Sub-Intern
Hobbies: Asking pregnancy questions twice a day to the antipartums on 6th floor, delivering babies, answering questions (both related and unrelated to pregnancy), and convincing me that I'm not nearly as sick I think I am.*

Our interview took place in Sarah's room in preparation for his residency interviews over the next few weeks. Also present were the resident and fellow doctors and Sarah.

Me: If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
Eli: I would drop out of medical school and invest the money and live off the interest. I would live on an island and my expenses would be minimal.
Dr. Taylor: That sounds like a great plan to me.

Me: What is the best choice you made in your life?
Eli: Studying abroad in Barcelona and then getting my Master's there.

That's as far as we got before I got distracted and off task. Considering Eli only has a couple more days with us, I will need to be more creative with the questions I ask him tomorrow. For the record, Dr. Taylor informed us that she was asked during her residency interviews about what car and what animal she would be if she had a choice.


*Some of these hobbies may have been invented by the writer of this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment