Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 12

Woke up at 4:30 this morning. Spent some time on the internet just looking at stuff. Did some crossword puzzles. The doctors came to do their rounds and instead of Dr. Krupp it was Dr. Hunter that I saw in ultrasound a few times. Hung out with Renae for awhile this morning before she left. After she left, I went back to sleep for a few hours.

Dan brought me Teddy's Bigger Burgers for lunch. It was juicy and delicious. I would like to recommend it to anyone who is going to be in the Iowa City area. You can find it on Washington Street. The fries were really good too. After we ate, we listened to Madelyn's heart beat, it was 145 beats/minute. Dan also returned my laundry that Renae so kindly did for me this morning between leaving the hospital and taking Kate to a birthday party.

My friend Cathy that I used to work with at Pathways came to visit with her husband Bob, who also happens to be my chiropractor. They stayed for awhile catching up with me and Cathy brought a hat that she made for Madelyn.

A new hat for Maddie from Cathy!

One of the Catholic chaplains stopped by today as well and gave me communion. I talked to him about getting Madelyn baptized when she is born.

Dan practicing burping with Maddie's bear.

Dan and I watched Hairspray this afternoon while I rested. Dan also went to the Fieldhouse to exercise.

Trenton and I before he left.


Trenton came and brought me a mint cookies and cream milkshake from Steak & Shake. He also set up my online banking for the credit union he works at. We watched funny videos on Vine and youtube. Trenton and Dan did their usual weird things to try to make me laugh and Trenton took several videos of me on his phone to entertain himself. We also went down to the Marketplace to get food tonight. I got cheese balls because, well, they are delicious. Trenton was a little concerned about how far I was walking. I think he and Dan would have been happier to push me in a wheelchair. I survived however.


Above video is of the turtle Dad got for Maddie. Dan thinks it is fantastic and plays it all the time. It will be a miracle if the batteries aren't dead before Maddie comes home.

Daily Info
Date: November 9, 2013
Gestational Date: 26 weeks, 2 days
Visitors: Renae, Dan, Cathy and Bob, Trenton
Today I am thankful for: our friends who have taken time out to send us notes, emails, and stopped by to visit. We really appreciate all of the love we have been shown, especially over the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment