Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 15

Tonight marked two weeks since I came to the U of I. Today was a pretty lazy day. I woke up for rounds, but took phenergan and tylenol and went back to bed because I was getting a headache. Slept the whole morning. By the time I woke up this afternoon, I realized that my face hurt too. The list of symptoms is long, but basically I'm pretty sure that I'm getting a sinus infection. Sweet.

Sarah came down to my room and saw that there were papers outside my door. Apparently, the charge nurse finds it helpful to place the monitoring form outside the patients' rooms so the nurses don't have to fill them out. Problem? She places them out there sometimes on days that I don't have monitoring and the nurses often don't even see them. The one from last Tuesday sat out there for a few days before I brought it into my room. Then another was put out there over the weekend that I brought into my room as well. They not only have my name on them, but also my date of birth. Today there was a feelings survey that we're supposed to get on Tuesdays to make sure we're not on the verge of jumping out our windows (actually that isn't even possible because the windows don't open). The feelings survey had another patient's sticker on it. So now I know her full name and birth date too. I took it to the nurses' station to talk to them about it.

I spent part of the afternoon with Sarah while she worked on one of her quilts in the conference room, but still wasn't feeling well so I came back to my room to rest. Did some crossword puzzles, watched Ellen and watched some shows that I've missed in the last week: Grey's, HIMYM (awesome episode!) and Bones. Still haven't watched Parenthood from last week, but might watch that still tonight if I can't sleep or maybe in the morning. I also watched a show on ABC about the biggest scandals in politics this century. Basically it was lots of guys having affairs. Reliving the stupidity of politicians made me laugh.

Today was weigh-in day but the nurses nearly forgot (the nursing assistant who usually does this is on leave), we had to remind them. I gained another three pounds this last week. Dan said he hopes that it is mostly baby but if our baby gained that much in a week, I think we need to be concerned. In all reality, she should be approaching two pounds this week. I would like her to be over two pounds when she is born. I was a fairly large baby. One website I found said the average full-term baby is between 5 pounds 8 ounces and 8 pounds, 13 ounces, and I was over 9 pounds. I hope Madelyn is on the heavier side of a 28 week old baby. 


A little humor to see if the nurses will notice. 


Daily Info
Date: November 12th
Gestational Date: 26 weeks, 5 days
Today I am thankful for: my extended family. 
I have gotten so many emails, texts and phone calls since my admission to the hospital and a great amount of them have come from my aunts, uncles and cousins. I really appreciate all the prayers you've been sending my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment