Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 9 (Part II)

I have another headache tonight. I am so tired of headaches.

I went to a breastfeeding group this afternoon and learned all kinds of fun holds for the baby and think that I will rename them. The LCs (lactation consultants) also told us that we can "borrow" the pumps for free if our baby is in the NICU and we need to go home. That is really nice because a lot of hospitals require you to pay to rent them.

I stayed after the group and talked to Sarah from down the hall about all kinds of things while she cut out squares for some fabric for rag blankets she is making for her daughters. She is so much more motivated than I am to accomplish things in the hospital. I have barely completed five things off my "To Do in the Hospital" list.

I came back and watched the news and then went to Sarah's room to play Bingo. They show it live on one of the tv stations and you mark your cards and call in if you get a Bingo. Neither Sarah nor I won, but two of the ladies on our floor won and one of them won twice. You can only win twice a night, but I think they should change it to once so more people have a chance. Just a thought. Not bitter at all about not winning. The biggest thing about tv Bingo is that it is SUPER corny. They have a theme each time and tonight's was hunting. Lots and lots of corny hunting jokes. There is only a Bingo game every other Wednesday, so I'll get to play once more before Maddie is born.

I stayed after Bingo in Sarah's room and we talked about our husbands and her children. Then she mentioned that her husband has the same condition that Kelsey has, so we talked about that for awhile. Sarah's husband is a pastor so he is able to come down during the week a couple times and bring her three daughters. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be in the hospital and have other kids at home with Dan. Thankfully this is our first and hopefully any additional children we are blessed with will be delivered after "boring" pregnancies.

I came back to my room and had to get my blood taken and then we listened to Madelyn's heartbeat. Tomorrow we get monitored again, hopefully I will feel better then.

Sorry for the lack of photos in this entry. There was really nothing to take pictures of this afternoon. Boring, I know. But not every day can be full of exciting things that I can take pictures of. Tomorrow I will make more of an effort to take pictures.

Time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. By "exciting things" do you mean saltines with unsalted tops?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete