Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 10 (Part II)

Just like every day, Ellen and I had a date at 4 pm. It was super enjoyable. I love that we get this one-on-one time every day to catch up and laugh together.

I had to re-tape my ivs this afternoon because the tape was coming off and losing its stickiness. I hate when the adhesive comes off on my arm and then everything sticks to my arm. My arm had big patches of maroon from my fuzzy blanket. Luckily, the nursing assistant was able to find me some adhesive remover.

Tonight was more television. Glee and Scandal. It sounds really stupid, but I miss my DVR. If I were at home, I would be able to watch all my Thursday shows and pause them when people call. I'm sorry for anyone that I have gotten crabby with due to them interrupting my television shows. Tonight Dan called during Glee. I swear he somehow senses I'm watching Glee and then calls. He tends to interrupt Glee when I'm at home too, so maybe it is on purpose after all.

I started feeling kind of nauseated tonight, but still no headache. I took my zofran and that helped. Tonight was a pretty mellow night, just me and the laptop and tv. I did start ordering Christmas gifts tonight and made Dan promise that he won't start opening packages that come to the house. I'm pretty sure most of my shopping will be done online this year due to being awfully busy in the NICU in a couple of weeks.

Someone edited my board today. Someone who writes in all capital letters.
I would also like to send a massive thank you to all of the people that have sent me texts, emails through the volunteer services at the U of I, emails to my personal email, facebook messages, and have called. I have read and enjoyed every one of them. I am not always good at responding because between stress, pregnancy brain, and ADHD...well you can imagine what my brain is like at this point. But THANK YOU! I appreciate all of the positive comments and thoughts and the many people who are praying for Dan, Madelyn and I.

For those that are interested in sending actual letters (do people actually still write those?), my address at the hospital is:

Mary Ibeling
Attn: 6JPP Mother/Baby
200 Hawkins Dr
Iowa City, Iowa 52242

If you would like to send something larger (like a package), please contact Renae for her address as they do not recommend packages get sent to the hospital. Otherwise, you can message me (or Renae) and get my home address and Dan can make sure that packages are brought down here by him or another family member.

Daily Info

Today I am thankful for: my sisters.

Renae has been a rock for me during the last five months. She was the one at the first appointment in Iowa City who told them that I was not the type of person who would just terminate my pregnancy, as I sat there dumbfounded as the resident was telling me that I was going to die if I didn't have surgery that day. She was the one that when I told her a few days later that I just wanted to lie in bed and cry told me lovingly but directly, "You're a mother now. You don't have that choice. You need to get up and keep going because that's what mothers do." And that was exactly what I needed. Renae is also doing a great job being a point person for questions that family members have had and I know she's doing it, even if she doesn't attract attention to herself for it. And she does that just so I don't have to worry about any of that. As I watch Renae raise her two kids, I hope and pray that I can do as well with Madelyn as she does with Kate and Cael. I admire her so much.

Old school sisterhood

My favorite Maid and Matron of Honor

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be a great mother, especially with sisters and a mother like you have! :)

    ReplyDelete