Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 24 (Part II)

For those that read this blog and will be awaiting news of Madelyn's birth in the morning, you will have to wait a little longer. When Dr. Taylor went to see what OR was assigned and it was apparently one of the smaller ones. I had to be moved to a bigger OR, meaning a later surgery time. Scheduled surgical time is now 10:30 am. Despite this, they are still doing my labs at 4 am. How lucky. (UPDATE @ 11:57 pm: Awesome overnight nurse got labs moved back to 6 am. Whoop whoop! I might actually sleep a little bit tonight!)

Over the last few weeks, I have done my vitals and labs and received my medications in other rooms than my own. For the first time since we've been here, Sarah did her vitals in a hallway. Sarah and I also insisted that we get weighed today. I am still at least 3 lbs down from before I got pregnant. I guess this weight-loss plan worked!

Sarah and Alex (this time there was no pinching!)


Dad came to visit this afternoon. He will be coming back down tomorrow, but says when he comes tomorrow it is all about Madelyn. One last picture with him before I'm a mommy.




We had our ante-partum party today with all kinds of sugary foods. I had a brownie, some cookies and Dr. Pepper. We took lots of pictures too. Then I came back to my room and the nursing assistant came in because one of the doctors ordered a blood sugar test.

With Dr. Krupp

With Dr. Taylor

With Eli

Antepartums

With Lastascia

With Dr. Cowman

Kyle showed up to see me once more before Madelyn is born. He brought the two most important things that a new mother needs - diapers and Diet Mountain Dew (well, he couldn't exactly bring sleep).

Kyle and I
Deb and Dave came up tonight to visit before they went to check in at the hotel. Dan came down tonight too. He decided to sleep at the hotel so that he could make sure to get one more good night of sleep before he has the rest of the nights of his life to worry about his daughter. Mom is staying with me tonight. We decided to take our first 3 generation picture with Madelyn.


You can't see it here, but Madelyn was smiling. 

Tonight, before bed, I had to wipe down my body with antibacterial wipes. Now I have an unbelievable itch, everywhere. The nurse hooked up iv fluids for me and got me some allergy medication so I won't scratch my body until it bleeds.


Daily Info
Date: November 21st
Gestational Date: 28 weeks
Countdown to Baby: 11 1/2 hours


4 comments:

  1. Mary,
    The kids and I are praying hard for you and Madelyn. I can't wait for you to get to meet her. I know you are too.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Get some sleep. Lots of prayers and happy thoughts for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO excited for tomorrow!! You are going to be such an amazing mommy! Love you,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Dan and Maddie and wishing you a restful night (hard to do :-) and a safe and blessed delivery tomorrow. So happy you are at 28 weeks and your special day has arrived. Just a thought for tomorrow...my heart still does and so does your Mom's....sending love, The Guehlstorfs

    Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
    Elizabeth Stone

    ReplyDelete