Friday, November 8, 2013

Hospitalization - Day 11

I woke up this morning with a start to a headache, so the nurses gave me my phenergan and tylenol and sent me back to bed. By noon, I started feeling better.


Mom's turn with the People Puzzler book
Knitting Madelyn a hat.




















My mom arrived with presents for me: a picture frame for my desk at work, Diet Mountain Dew, pudding, and a People Puzzler book. Mom and I went to the cafeteria for lunch (that marks three times that I've left the floor now). When we came back from lunch, we ran into Sarah from down the hall and she told us that one of the other girls that was waiting to have her baby, delivered a stillborn baby yesterday. It was really sad. I went and talked to her and she seemed to be coping well, but noted that she will likely feel all of her emotions later. She and her husband said they wish she could do all of her prenatal care in the future at the U of I. Mom and I talked to Sarah for awhile about other things too.

Gifts from my parents


Mom and I did a few of the puzzlers together (usually meaning that one of us answered all the ones that we could and then asked for help from the other person). Mom also started to knit a hat for Madelyn that looks like a turkey that she'll be able to wear on Thanksgiving. We watched Ellen together too. Mom took part in playing Cards Against Humanity and had some really great cards. 

Me and Mama

Dan arrived at 5 and Renae came shortly after that. Dan went and got us cheese balls from downstairs and then we played brainstorming games all night. We named a topic, set a timer and then each person wrote as fast as they could. Topics included: states & capitals, counties in Iowa, Disney characters, things in a convenience store, MLB teams, and Christmas movies. Renae won a lot of them, but more than once it was only by a point. We also watched Elf. Don't worry Kelsey, we will still watch it again when you come down, I can watch it a million times and not get tired of it.


Renae and I are having a sleepover!

Dan and Renae admired the gifts I got from my dad yesterday. Renae said Kate would love the caterpillar and Dan really likes the turtle.

I did become concerned today when I felt that I was beginning to smell like a fish. Turns out, it is a side effect of the cheap fish oil supplements that the hospital gives me. I will be refusing them in the future. Smelling like fish makes me want to vomit.



Daily Info
Date: November 8, 2013
Gestational Date: 26 weeks, 1 day
Countdown to Medical Extraction: 14 days
Visitors: Mom, Renae and Dan
Today I am thankful for: Dan's family

They have been so supportive of us and especially the grandmothers and Deb have spent a lot of energy helping us out with our house. The amount of love that they exude is amazing and we appreciate it so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment